Our intent, approach and what we deliver
What we deliver
We will support our corporate clients to develop nature positive strategies that:
- frame the need for nature positive approaches
- follow good guidance and are benchmarked against leading cross-industry practices
- assess risks to biodiversity
- align with global and national policy, goals, and targets
- respects human rights and supports local aspirations
- establish corporate-level and site-based goals and targets to mitigate impacts and to deliver broader transformative nature positive outcomes
- build upon existing partnerships and foster new partnerships
- provide recommendations for the implementation of goals and targets, including recommendations for transparent disclosure and reporting, monitoring, verification, and capacity building
Actions on the ground
We will develop biodiversity action plans and support the delivery of marine nature positive actions on the ground supported by our local groups and our restoration partners. We will establish frameworks that allow us to provide long-term support to our clients who invest in delivering actions, and the local partners who drive implementation and support long-term stewardship of actions. We will also help our clients to report their actions.
Capacity building and training
We will leverage our corporate and community training and capacity building experience to support biodiversity education and awareness programmes. We will deliver this support within organisations or with external partners when supporting implementation.
Review and verification
We will define and support the implementation of effective monitoring approaches and processes to review the implementation of strategies and actions. We will also ensure approaches are developed that enable adaptive management. We will also apply our extensive biodiversity and social compliance and audit experience to independently verify actions that are taken to see if they meet goals, are compliant with commitments, and maximise positive outcomes. Where necessary we will help to improve outcomes by implementing adaptive management approaches. We will help our clients to transparently report on the outcomes of these processes.